Park Ridge Chamber Seeks Executive Director
Position Description: Executive Director
Board of Directors
Marketing & Communications Manager
Member Services & Special Events Coordinator
Interpersonal, Written and Oral Communication Skills, Leadership, Financial Management, Personnel Management, Organization, Strategic Planning, Event Management
Strategic leadership, member recruitment, and member retention are the primary duties of the Chamber Executive Director. The Executive Director is a full time position that is responsible for management of all day to day functions of the Chamber including financial management, staff supervision, and coordination of the various working committees. The Director will also represent the Chamber membership within the community.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Membership: Development and Retention of members. Strategic leadership is required to develop comprehensive and innovative policies, member benefits, programs and marketing efforts to both attract new members and retain current ones. Oversee membership record-keeping procedures and recommend changes to membership dues policies. Oversee communication to members.
2. Financial Management: Annually prepare budget for board approval. Monthly income/expense reports will be prepared and submitted to board meetings. Approve and sign checks and contracts in accordance with the board approved budget. Work with the board to develop long term financial projections and plans.
3. Committee Oversight: Coordinate and provide direction to the various committees. Included are establishing committees, providing the working structure to guide the committees and coordinating the work of common projects. Recommend committee members and committee leadership.
4. Event Coordination and Management: Responsible for coordinating the various Chamber events including networking luncheons, annual programs, expos, outings and related activities. Development and implementation of a
sponsorship program for Chamber events. Oversight of budget, revenue generation, effective marketing and correspondence and feedback. Records shall be kept to document plans and preparations for the events. Recommendations should be made to create or discontinue programs as they align the current Chamber budget and goals.
5. Community Relations: Represent the business community and members at various community functions, meetings and events. Prepare and disseminate communications to the public including preparation of official publications such as pamphlets, newsletters, news releases, email notices and website content. Maintain effective relationships with the local politicians, officials and leaders of other community organizations. Public Speaking to represent the Chamber as necessary. Review and evaluate pending legislation which will have an immediate or future impact on Chamber goals and policies, and refers to committee for study.
6. Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement a Strategic Plan and measures reflecting the Chamber’s mission, vision and values. Develop and coordinate staff and member volunteers to implement the plans. Recommend changes to policy and by-laws when appropriate. Ensure that diverse viewpoints are considered.
7. Office Management: General responsibility for staff recruitment, hiring, performance review, recognition, discipline and termination.
8. Park Ridge Community Fund Management: Day to day management of the nonprofit organization in accordance with the management agreement between the Chamber and the PRCF.
Education and Skills Required
Bachelors Degree required.
Computer skills: proficient at email, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
Marketing, association management, and entrepreneurial experience desired.
Office Hours 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday
Evenings, Early Mornings, Weekends, as needed
Please send applications and cover letter to Gail Haller at Gail.Haller@ParkRidgeChamber.org.
Back to News